Did more test renderings today to determine what needs to be improved on the tree model (Small tree summer - variant 3). On these images I started to use an image of a tree bark as material for the tree trunks and branches. Although crudely done, it still gave some sort of realism to the scenes. It is much better than the chocolate brown color I used for the earlier renderings I posted yesterday.
From these renderings it's obvious what portions of the model had to be modified. At the moment, I am preparing another improved variant of this tree model. I will be uploading it to the 3d warehouse in a few days.