Translate

Monday, October 12, 2009

3D trees Sketchup forest test renders - day 5

It's Thanksgiving Day today here in Canada. While cooking the food, I found time to do more of these test renders. It may look like I am multitasking but in reality I just got bored waiting for the food to cook, so I just decided to give this rendering stuff one more try. Actually that one more try ended up ten more times as shown on the images posted.

I used the same scenes from my previous works, so I no longer had to repeat things which would normally take me several hours to complete like modeling the terrain, placing the vegetation, composing the scenes and editing the materials. The only major change I did was changing the Small tree summer (variant 3) to the tree model named 'tall tree' which is included in the 3D tree collection in the Google 3D Warehouse. After opening each of the scenes, I just hit the render button. Indigo Renderer can render four or more scenes simultaneously.



Under the forest canopy.


Tree top level view.


A view of the hill.


A closer view of the hill.


View from the top of the hill.


View from top of the hill with different time of day.


I tried changing the leaf color, to see what it look like.


The color of the leaves was also changed here and were also made shiny.


It looks like making the leaves shiny for this model would make the scene more realistic.

No comments: